VALUATION & FINANCIAL ADVISORY
Given the difficulty of valuing illiquid assets and the potential for conflict of interest, hedge funds and other investment managers and financial institutions are receiving greater attention from regulators, investors, auditors, politicians, and other industry participants, with the trend toward a well defined and consistently applied valuation policy that complies with the relevant reporting standards, greater transparency and independence.
Houlihan Capital has extensive experience providing companies with objective, independent, and defensible opinions of value that meet accounting, regulatory, and corporate governance requirements. Our analyses and reports are transparent, supportable, and clearly outline the assumptions and projections incorporated into our financial models.
WHAT DOES HOULIHAN CAPITAL OFFER?
Houlihan Capital offers an integrated advisory approach that draws upon strategic and technical expertise, transactional and financing experience, and an expansive network of institutional and private investors to guide management teams and investors. Understanding the time sensitivity of many of our assignments, we work diligently to meet demands and minimize operational disruption.
WE CAN ASSIST AS FOLLOWS:
- Develop, or assist in developing, valuation policies for Level 3 Assets
- Determine, or assist in determining unobservable inputs
- Develop, or assist in developing, valuation pricing model
- Provide valuation opinion, and/or positive assurance, for each illiquid asset
- Houlihan Capital has rendered thousands of valuation opinions for hedge funds and other investment managers and financial institutions for financial reporting purposes
- We have assisted of with various assets and asset types, ranging from single investments to multi-class portfolios
Review of Internally Prepared Valuations
- Investors are seeking additional security and insight into the performance, pricing, and risk of invested capital. Additionally, recent regulatory changes are increasing pressures on investment managers to provide clarity in their reporting to interested parties
- Houlihan Capital provides a suite of services to fund managers and interested parties aimed at independently critiquing assumptions, valuation methods, and conclusions for today’s changing market environment
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Illiquid Debt
- Common and Preferred Equity
- Warrants and Options
- Private Placements
- Convertible Securities
- Structured Products
- LP Interests
SPECIAL SITUATIONS AND LITIGATION SUPPORT
We offer secondary market advisory and trading, transactional advisory, and liquidity solutions.
- Value Assets
- Create Liquidity Strategies
- Create Secondary Markets for LPs Looking to Liquidate Positions
- Provide Independent Advisory Services to Fund Administrators and Advisors
- Provide Fairness Opinions on Asset Transfers