Vice President of Valuation
Job Description and Responsibilities
Houlihan Capital has extensive valuation experience providing companies with objective, independent, and defensible valuation opinions that meet accounting, regulatory, and corporate governance requirements. Our analyses and reports are transparent, supportable, and clearly outline the assumptions and projections incorporated into our financial models. We consistently apply sound valuation methodologies and unbiased perspective in our work product that enables management teams and fiduciaries to make confident, informed decisions.
Vice Presidents perform valuation analyses across multiple industries and for various purposes. Houlihan Capital seeks talented individuals to participate in new business development, project management, and direct client service. Responsibilities are often more entrepreneurial than at other firms, providing self-motivated individuals with many opportunities to contribute to a dynamic and growing platform. Successful individuals are assertive, motivated self-starters with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The primary focus of our Vice President of Valuation position is to:
- Manage associates and senior associates on engagement teams to provide valuation and financial advisory services to clients, including selecting and applying appropriate methodology, writing opinions and reports, and supporting conclusions through audit, regulatory review, or litigation.
- Proactively calling on potential new clients by independently developing a network of referral sources.
- Engaging in various other practice development activities (including professional association leadership, conference presentations, and technical publication).
- Work directly and communicate effectively with client senior level management, board members, shareholders and trustees throughout all phases of the engagement.
- Develop financial models and analytical support for mergers and acquisitions, financial opinions, private equity/hedge fund investments and other valuation engagements.
- Prepare client deliverables including valuation reports, presentations, information memoranda and marketing materials.
- Perform company, industry, market and competitor research and due diligence.
- Participate in client discussions and due diligence meetings.
- Review and analyze financial statements.
- Research comparable publicly traded companies.
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations.
- Understand the industries and markets that Houlihan Capital serves.
- Balance multiple client engagements and complete analyses and written reports within various deadlines.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years of related valuation experience.
- Expertise in generally accepted analytical approaches and methods.
- Experience involving complex valuation and transaction advisory.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics or MBA degree preferred
- Active CPA, ASA and/or CFA or related professional credential
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Working knowledge of Bloomberg or S&P Capital IQ a plus.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor.